Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. © 512, as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”), AHOY Comics LLC (“AHOY”) will terminate the account of any member who uses his or her privileges to unlawfully transmit copyright material without a license, valid defense, or fair use privileges to do so.
After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to AHOY, and later confirmation through court order or an admission by the member that an account has been an instrument of unlawful infringement, AHOY will terminate the infringing member’s account. AHOY may also in its sole discretion decide to terminate a member’s account privileges prior to that time if it has a good faith belief that infringement has in fact occurred.
In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. © 512(c), AHOY has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed through the AHOY website, please contact Hart Seely, via 315-439-1699, or mail at:
499 S. Warren St., Suite 612
Syracuse, NY 13202
Any written notice of copyright infringement must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.